I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge—that myth is more potent than history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts—That hope always triumphs over experience—That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.Robert Fulghum
- I care not for these ladies,
That must be wooed and prayed;
Give me kind Amaryllis,
The wanton country maid.
Nature art disdaineth;
Her beauty is her own.
- I Care Not for These Ladies
- Plead, Sleep, my cause, and make her soft like thee,
That she in peace may wake and pity me.
- Sleep, Angry Beauty
- Shall I come, sweet Love, to thee,
When the ev'ning beams are set?
- Shall I Come, Sweet Love, to Thee?
- The man whose silent days
In harmless joys are spent,
Whom hopes cannot delude,
Nor sorrow discontent:
That man needs neither towers
Nor armour for defence,
Nor secret vaults to fly
From thunder's violence.
- The Man of Life Upright
- There is a garden in her face
Where roses and white lilies blow;
A heavenly paradise is that place,
Wherein all pleasant fruits do grow;
There cherries grow that none may buy,
Till Cherry-Ripe themselves do cry.