Man's love is of man's life a part; it is a woman's whole existence. In her first passion, a woman loves her lover, in all the others all she loves is love.Lord Byron
- Our emergence on to the land is one of the more significant rites of passage in our evolutionary history, and Tiktaalik is an important link in the story.
- This is a fossil that blurs the distinction between fish and land-living animal because when you look at it, it has bits and pieces of its anatomy that are like a fish and whole bits and pieces of its anatomy that are like a land-living animal
- Neil Shubin sourced from Toronto Sun article on Tiktaalik roseae
- Tiktaalik blurs the boundary between fish and land animals. This animal is both fish and tetrapod; we jokingly call it a 'fishapod.'
- Neil Shubin sourced from Scientific American article
- When we took the fin of Tiktaalik apart, we found something truly remarkable: all the joint surfaces were extremely well preserved. Tiktaalik has a shoulder, elbow and wrist composed of the same bones as an upper arm, forearm and wrist in a human.
- Neil Shubin - Your Inner Fish (2008)