For in the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.Baba Dioum
- Sometimes. Sometimes when I've gone out and murdered somebody I go and confess and stuff. And then God loves me again.
- when asked if he or any of the members of the band go to church
- They shouldn't even be considered. I don't know, man, they got a couple of hit songs, a catchy groove, great beat, I give them a 0.
- when asked if Green Day should be considered as a punk band
- No wonder I never have any money. We're going to be banned from playing New York, thanks to you fucking assholes.
- Addressing the rioting crowd at the infamous Felt Forum NY gig.
- I have nightmares about Metallica.
- when asked if he has nightmares about some of the things in his songs
- This is pretty cool
- When looking at Bam Margera's new pirate bar
- Yes... VIOLENCE!
- When asked about Reign In Blood's lyrics
- God... God doesn't hate, man. It's a great fuckin' title!
- Regardless of whatever fucking religion you believe in, everybody knows that there are wrong things. Everyone knows there are things you do not do. And the people who don't understand that are just not connected with themselves spiritually.
- I hate everyone equally.
- Taken from the song Disciple, on the album "God Hates Us All"