Oh, love is real enough; you will find it someday, but it has one archenemy—and that is life.Jean Anouilh Ardele
- I have not yet begun to defile myself.
- There is no normal life, Wyatt. There's just life.
- Father Feeney and I were just investigating the mysteries of the Church of Rome. It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
- I spent my whole life not knowing what I want out of it, just chasing my tail. Now for the first time I know exactly what I want... and who... and that's the damnable misery of it.
- In all that time workin' those cow towns, I was only ever mixed up in one shooting, just one. But a man lost his life and I took it! You don't know how that feels, and believe me boy, you don't ever want to know. Not ever!
- Look at all the stars. You look up and you think, "God made all this and He remembered to make a little speck like me." It's kind of flattering, really.
- [Johnny Ringo is awaiting Wyatt Earp's arrival in anticipation of a pistol duel.]
- Johnny: Well... I didn't think you had it in you.
- Doc: [reveals his face] I'm your huckleberry.
- [Ringo stops short, looking startled.]
- Doc: Why, Johnny Ringo. You look like somebody just...walked over your grave.
- Johnny: Fight's not with you, Holliday.
- Doc: Oh, I beg to differ, sir. You and I started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?
- Johnny: I was just fooling about.
- Doc: I wasn't. And this time...[opens his overcoat to reveal a badge] It's legal.
- [Doc begins coughing violently.]
- Jack Johnson: Doc, you ought to be in bed. What the hell you doin' this for, anyway?
- Doc: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
- Jack Johnson: Hell, I've got lots of friends.
- Doc: I don't.
- Josephine Marcus: [looking at Wyatt] This is a remarkable scene. I wonder who that tall drink of water is.
- Mr. Fabian: My darling, you've cast your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette. Eyes closed by the sun, yet sharp as a hawk. He has the look of both predator and prey.
- Josephine Marcus: I want one.
- Mr. Fabian: Happy hunting.
- [Doc Holliday has beaten Ike Clanton at a game of poker once again.]
- Ike Clanton: What is that now? Twelve hands in a row? Holliday, son of a bitch, nobody's that lucky.
- Doc: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know — let's have a spelling contest!
- Billy Clanton: [to Holliday] It's the drunk piano player. You couldn't hit nothin.' [Draws a knife.] In fact, you're probably seeing double.
- Doc: [draws a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.
- Justice is coming.
- Every town has a story. Tombstone has a legend.
- Kurt Russell - Wyatt Earp
- Val Kilmer - Doc Holliday
- Dana Delaney - Josephine Marcus
- Powers Boothe - Curly Bill Brocius
- Michael Biehn - Johnny Ringo
- Sam Elliot - Virgil Earp
- Bill Paxton - Morgan Earp
- Billy Zane - Mr. Fabian
- Thomas Haden Church - Billy Clanton
- Jason Priestley - Billy Breckinridge
- Stephen Lang - Ike Clanton
- Billy Bob Thornton - Johnny Tyler
- Charlton Heston - Henry Hooker
- Robert Mitchum - The Narrator