The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour.Sir James Jeans
- Written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
- I had met a lot of people like you in my work, people who tell you a story, a fantastic story, and then say it can be true, and in all of these fantastic things, all they need is a credit card number.
- It's hard for many people to believe that there are extraordinary things inside themselves, as well as others. I hope you can keep an open mind.
- Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here.
- It's alright to be afraid, David, because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it.
- Now that we know who you are... I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense, in the comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most times they're friends, like you and me. I should've known way back when. You know why David? Because of the kids! They called me Mr. Glass.
- [After proving Dunn's superhuman strength]...Now all I need is a credit card number. [Dunn stares at him, pauses] The last one was a joke.
Elijah Price's Mother
- Character One: This is one of Johann Davis's earliest drawings. See the villain's eyes? They're larger than the other characters'. They - insinuate a slightly skewed perspective on how they see the world. Just off normal.
- Character Two: Doesn't look scary. Mm-hmm. That's what I said to my son. But he says there's always two kinds; there's the soldier villain - who fights the hero with his hands; and then there's the real threat - the brilliant and evil archenemy - who fights the hero with his mind.
- Joseph Dunn: Do you think you could've beaten up Bruce Lee?
- David Dunn: No.
- Joseph Dunn: I mean if you knew karate.
- David Dunn: No.
- Joseph Dunn: Well, what if he wasn't allowed to kick and you were really mad at him?
- David Dunn: No, Joseph.