United States Constitutional law
There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means—either may do—the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier.Benjamin Franklin
Quotes related to Constitutional law.
- "A law can be both economic folly and constitutional." ~ Antonin Scalia
- "I have three degrees in history and only one in law, but since I came back to specialize in constitutional law where history is so essentially a part and an explanation of much that exists, the two disciplines blended very well." ~ Frank Scott
- "One country, one constitution, one destiny." ~ Daniel Webster, Speech, March 15, 1837.
- "The Constitution devotes the national domain to union, to justice, to defence, to welfare and to liberty. But there is a higher law than the Constitution." ~ William H. Seward, Speech, March 11, 1850.
- "The Court is most vulnerable and comes nearest to illegitimacy when it deals with judge-made constitutional law having little or no cognizable roots in the language or design of the Constitution." ~ Byron R. White
- "The current constitutional law places the president of the republic in an embarrassing situation." ~ Jose Eduardo Dos Santos