Urusei Yatsura ("Those Obnoxious Aliens") is an anime and manga series created by Rumiko Takahashi. The anime series comprises 195 TV episodes (1981-1986), six movies (1983-1991), and 11 OVA episodes (1985-1991).
- One, two, three! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!!!
- We're going to make a baby on Saturday night!
- visiting Ataru in his classroom: Teacher, husbands and wives should always be together, whether it's raining or windy, in the house, or even at school!
- Darling! Shinobu can go to hell!
- Nope! 'Cause in my tummy is DARLING'S BABY!
- On my planet, marriage proposals are sacred. If you cheat on me... [shocks Ataru]
- [referring to Rei] Oooh! I will never marry such a tacky man! Tacky tacky tacky!!
- Thank you, Ran. I will think hard about this...
- Umeboshi? GIVE ME UMEBOSHI!
- I refuse! I'd sooner go to Iscandar than fight and be killed by an Oni!
- on his game of tag with Lum: But to grab those horns, naturally I've gotta grab the body first...
- speaking English while flirting with a girl in Hawaii: Hi! I'm Ataru Moroboshi, Number One Japanese Boy! Please date with me!
- I'm gonna run away from home! Will that make you happy?! WAAAAAAAAA!!!! [runs out the front door in his sock feet, then comes back for a second to put his shoes on] Damn it! [runs back out the door] WAAAAAAAA!!!!
- When will you learn that I always do things without thinking of the consequences?
- Men are such wimps!
- You flirtatious scum!
- from the BBC dub "Lum the Invader Girl": I must go to my sweet Ataru! He needs me! He loves me! Even though I know Lum will be with him, I can't keep away from my beloved, my precious. Although, if he's shagged her... I'LL KILL HIM!
- also from "Lum the Invader Girl"; Shinobu's reaction to Lum's claim that she is pregnant with Ataru's child: You've got... a bun in your oven???
- Lum, you'd be better off if you dumped that idiot!
- It's obvious that Lum is too good for you!
- What's that look on yer face? Is that how you look at folks coming all the way from beyond the galaxy?!
- You disgusting slimeball!
- oft-repeated line: Oh, I never should have had him!
- to Ataru: You are the personification of the word "stupid"!
- Y... your face, my friend... it's hopelessly horrible!!!
- Newscaster: Only one day remains in the game of tag between Ataru and Lum, a game upon which the future of the Earth depends. Complaints are coming in from all over about Ataru's hopeless performance.
- Businessman: You see, surely, it's all Ataru's fault! He is responsible for all this!
- Baseball Player: I'm worried that if Ataru loses and the aliens take over, I won't be able to play baseball anymore!
- Megane, Perm, Chibi: Ataru! Pay us back before you get killed!
- Newscaster: Furthermore, we're getting numerous comments saying that if Ataru loses tomorrow, he and his family should be executed, and we've received word that people in their neighborhood are preparing to lynch them.
- Mr. Moroboshi: Dear!
- Mrs. Moroboshi: I never should have had him!
- [Ataru and Mendou have been shrunk down to the size of ants and are inside Lum's "zodiac globe" as Lum tries to divine which one is the better match for her.]
- Ataru: Hey! Babe alert! [runs over and jumps on Virgo's back] What a bodacious babe!
- Virgo: My, but you're a fast worker.
- Lum: DARLING! [flicks Ataru off Virgo's back with her finger]
- Ataru: Ouch!
- Lum: I can't take my eyes off you for a minute! [shrinks herself and enters the zodiac globe]
- Megane: Is this a flea circus or what?
- [Lum is upset that Ataru wants to meet up with another girl.]
- Lum: Oh, no, no, no! Please don't go!
- Ataru: You can't change my mind! My will is like iron - ironclad!
- Lum: Why... why is that, when I love you so much? Do you hate me?
- Ataru: No, I love you.
- Lum: Then, how come... ?
- Ataru: You don't understand, do you? I love you, Lum, and I love Shinobu, Sakura, Oyuki, and I love Kintaro's teacher... in other words, I love you all!
- Lum: This is so romantic.
- Ataru: [to himself] Boy, what a mess I'm in!
- Lum: We've been through so much, but at last we're going to be properly married.
- Ataru: [to himself] I want to see Elle! Somehow I must escape from this trap!
- Lum: I can almost hear the footsteps of happiness!
- Ataru: [to himself] I can almost hear the footsteps of doom!
- Lum: Somehow I have this feeling that we're not on the same wavelength.
- Ataru: Huh? Must be your imagination.
- Kintaro: You're a simpleton whose reasoning abilities are totally primitive!
- Jariten: He's not only primitive, but clumsy, satyric, flirtatious, and to top it off, a moron and a total pervert.
- Ataru: Geez, what a bunch of little brats!
- Kintaro's Teacher: [conducting her class on a tour of "famous places" in Tokyo] Over there is the famous telephone pole! Here's a garbage can, sometimes called a plastic garbage can! Pretty neat, isn't it?
- Ten: This is what you call a famous place?!
- Kintaro: Teacher, please don't embarrass me!
- Kintaro's Teacher: What's the matter, Kintaro?
- Kintaro: Just 'cause we're kids, don't think we don't know better! At the very least, take us to Tokyo Tower or Nijubashi! Or if not that, how about taking us to an anime studio?
Lum the Invader Girl (BBC English Dub)
- Ataru: Just shut up about omens and evil! We're not going anywhere!
- Lum: [hugs Ataru] That's right! The only place we should be going is to bed! What do you say, darling?
- Lum: [waves bikini top at Ataru] I'm in bed... come and join me!
- Ataru: I told you, Lum, I do NOT want to sleep with you!
- Ten: Hey, what's the matter with you? Is your little Ataru not standing up for itself?
- Ataru: What do you mean?
- Ten: I mean, is your love compass still pointing due south?
- Rei ("Raymond"): "Would you please do me the great honour of being my treasured wife?"
- Ataru: WOW! Raymond spoke a whole sentence!
- Lum: Well, that doesn't count. He was just reading from a phrasebook!
- Megane: Yeah, he just recited it!
- Kakugari: Where's the romance in that?