Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
- "Virtue does not come from money, but rather from virtue comes money, and all other things good to man." - Socrates
- "The power of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special efforts, but by his ordinary doing." - Blaise Pascal
- "Virtue consisted in avoiding scandal and venereal disease." - Robert Cecil, Life in Edwardian England, 1969
- "Virtue is the public face of vice." - Leonid S. Sukhorukov, All About Everything (2005)
- "Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good." - Cervantes
- "Search others for their virtues, thy self for thy vices." - Benjamin Franklin
- "The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, I was wrong." - Sydney J. Harris
- "Virtue is a state of war, and to live in it we have always to combat with ourselves." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "To be able to practise five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness." - Confucius, Analects, fifth century B.C.
- "The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
- "Female virtue has been held in suspicion from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." - Napoléon Bonaparte
- "Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue." ~ Ichabod Crane (Johnny Depp) in Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- ""Love supports virtue alone", say the fools. It supports vice as well" - Valluvar in Tirukkural: 76
- "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius