Volunteering and Volunteers
The magnitude of our social problems will require that all citizens and institutions make a commitment to volunteering as a way of life and as a primary opportunity to create needed change.
- "Volunteering is a window into the passions of the soul."
- Patrick Dixon - Building a Better Business 2005 p 247
- "You will learn more about the people you work with in three minutes by asking them what they do for nothing, than by working with them for three years in the same team"
- Patrick Dixon - Building a Better Business 2005 p 3
- "Volunteering is a universal feature of human society, independent of wealth, status, language or culture"
- "One of the things I keep learning is that the secret of being happy is doing things for other people. "
- Dick Gregory
- The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.
- who:DeAnn Hollis
- I am a recipient of unconditional love, I am a volunteer
- Shanterra McBride
- We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give.
- Winston Churchill
- Volunteers are not paid not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.
- You may give a quarter a day to that poor man on the corner, but he won't get up. He can't get a car with just quarters and dimes. Neither can he get a house. He must buy food first. And he may have a little extra left after he eats, maybe that quarter you gave him, but never enough. Unless he is given food. Volunteers provide the world and their community with work, food, and smiles. So when you go and volunteer, don't take it as a joke, a burden, a thoughtless task. Take the happiness of when you see that man, eating with people. Laughing.
- Aaron Szymanowski. resident of Halifax, Nova scotia. volunteer.