Quotes:Requests for adminship
Here you can make a request for adminship and other special user rights on English Wikiquote. See Quotes:Administrators for what this entails and for a list of current admins.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Nominations for adminship
- 3 Declined nomination
- 4 Requests for checkuser
- 5 Requests for bureaucratship
- 6 Requests for importing right
- 7 Votes of confidence
- 8 Requests for flag removal
- 9 Current administrators
- 10 Past discussions
Request for adminship on any other language Wikiquote project should be made on that project, not here.
Current English Wikiquote policy is to grant administrator status to anyone who has been an active Wikiquote contributor for a while and is generally a known and trusted member of the community. Most users seem to agree that the more administrators there are the better.
There are three categories for administrators: active, inactive and guest. Active administrators are the English Wikiquote users who have sysop privileges and have edited in the last three months. Inactive administrators are the English Wikiquote users who have sysop privileges but have made no edit in the last three months. Guest administrators are the English Wikiquote users who have sysop privileges due to technical/operational reasons, not through the English Wikiquote community process described here.
Administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or give an email address on their user page. For active sysops, as well sysop candidates, it is mandatory. Inactive sysops and guest sysops are recommended to put their wikimail address on their talk pages. If they are back and become active again, they are expected to activate their mail preferences.
If you want to become an administrator, please add your name to the list below and make sure you can accept wikimail. Any user can comment on your request -- they might express reservations (because, for example, they suspect you will abuse your new-found powers, or if you've joined very recently), but hopefully they will approve and say lovely things about you.
Nominations must be posted for at least one week, to provide opportunity for comments and voting, before additional privileges can be given. Some kinds of access, including ones for bureaucrat access, must be posted for at least two weeks.
If there is general agreement that someone who requests either adminship or bureaucrat access should be given it, then a bureaucrat will make the promotion. Other types of access, which bureaucrats cannot grant, must be requested on Meta Requests for permissions. A steward will take care of the request.
Resignations should be requested at Meta Requests for permissions, both self-resignations and de-sysoping requested by the community (see the below). A steward will take care of the desysopping.
For closed votes, see #Past discussions.
Votes of confidence (tentative)
now in trial: see WQ:VP#Vote of confidence
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called.
In the case of an called proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
Nominations for adminship
Note: Nominations have to be accepted by the user in question. If you nominate a user, please also leave a message on their talk page and inform them about their listing on this page, and ask them to reply here if they accept the nomination. You may nominate yourself (in which case you have automatically accepted the nomination).
I would like to nominate User:Ningauble for consideration as an admin. This user has been quite active in patrolling for vandalism and cleanup and has been very busy in the roughly four months on WQ, and I believe would make a solid addition to the admin team. ~ UDScott 21:43, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Accept. I am willing to help with the janitorial tasks. ~ Ningauble 22:39, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support : Ningauble has been an excellent and conscientious editor here. ~ Kalki 22:23, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Ningauble has been a vigilant, painstaking and helpful contributor. - InvisibleSun 23:25, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support: I'm sure Ningauble will be a very valuable addition to the admin team. --Antiquary 23:33, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support, nothing but good work from this editor. BD2412 T 17:48, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Nice contributions, thanks for volunteering to do more work. ;-) FloNight♥♥♥ 19:24, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support Definite net-gain for the project. EVula // talk // 23:40, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Ningauble is now an administrator. ~ Kalki 00:53, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
EVula (talk · contributions)
In the spirt of "the more administrators there are the better", I'd like to be considered for an admin spot. For those that don't know me, I'm a very active cross-wiki editor, and a bureaucrat on the English Wikipedia (a table of my 'cratship and adminship can be found at m:User:EVula#Mini-matrix, and I'm in the closing days of an RfA on the English Wikisource). What has pushed me to post this RfA was dealing with a vandal last night/early this morning, where I was the only one active to revert his edits (which I had to do manually; not even rollback), and his rather disgusting nonsense pages that I tagged for speedy deletion were still around for a while.
As far as my actual Wikiquote credentials go, I'm very active in interwiki work (see my matrix for a list of all the Wikiquotes I've been around), and have cleaned up to address copyright concerns. I also do my regular wikignoming now and then.
And, in the interest of full-disclosure, I admit that I won't be someone of epic sysop status (I'm thinking along the lines of JeffQ), but I'm plenty experienced with the tools, can be trusted not to go crazy[ier], and feel I have demonstrated that I'd have a legit use for the tools. I'm always by my email and am often on IRC, so I can always be here if crap hits the fan and an extra pair of hands are needed. EVula // talk // 16:26, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support : After observing EVula's work this morning and being familiar with past work, I was just about to make a nomination myself. Inquiring as to any interest, I just found out about this self-nomination, which I fully support. ~ Kalki 17:06, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. BD2412 T 17:52, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support Thanks for volunteering to do more work. ;-) FloNight♥♥♥ 19:32, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support - another welcome addition to the admin team. ~ UDScott 20:01, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. - InvisibleSun 21:04, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Antiquary 21:23, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Solid citizen, experienced in the way of wiki. ~ Ningauble 00:00, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
EVula is now an administrator here. ~ Kalki 21:54, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Rather than waste my (and everyone else's) time with thank you spam, I'd rather just thank everyone here. That gives me more time to administer the site; a win/win, to be sure. ;) EVula // talk // ☯ // 06:14, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Requests for checkuser
These are requests for the right to perform CheckUser actions, not requests that particular actions be performed, those are done on the noticeboard.
Please note that for a request to succeed in this section a minimum of 25 support votes is required in accordance with Meta policy.
Requests for bureaucratship
NB: Discussions in this section should last at least 14 days.
UDScott (talk · contributions) is nominated for bureaucratship. UDScott has been a solid contributor for over three years, and an administrator since November of 2005. Anyone who has worked for any length of time on this project has surely come across his contributions, and his facility with the administrative tools. BD2412 T 17:20, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Acceptance: I accept the nomination. ~ UDScott 00:09, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. UDScott is an editor to be trusted in a responsible job. --Antiquary 09:35, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. & happily, thanks for helping. --Herby talk thyme 10:21, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support, as nominator, for one of our most seasoned admins. BD2412 T 14:42, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. my full trust, and thanks BD2412 for your timely nominations! --Aphaia 15:36, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support and thanks for volunteering to do more work. :-) FloNight♥♥♥ 15:37, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. UDScott has been a dedicated, skillful and trustworthy administrator. - InvisibleSun 17:56, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support With every assurance that you can do the job well. Modernist 02:24, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. --Bradeos Graphon Βραδέως Γράφων 12:53, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support Been here long enough to dump a ton more crap on him. ;) EVula // talk // 16:22, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support, good track record. Tyrenius 23:20, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Congratulations from me as well, and apologies — I would have supported this earlier, but I didn't notice the nomination until after the promotion, even though I had noticed Invisible Sun's earlier when the request sub-page was edited. ~ Kalki 11:18, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
I nominate InvisibleSun (talk · contributions) for bureaucratship. InvisibleSun has been working hard on this project for almost exactly three years, and has been an administrator since May of 2006. If you have been to the Village Pump lately, you can see the enormous thought and effort he has been putting into reforming our criteria for inclusion to counter assertions of copyright problems. BD2412 T 17:21, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Acceptance: I accept the nomination. - InvisibleSun 17:49, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - good user. And unlike ENWP, we actually do need crats; two is woefully low. Will (talk) 18:20, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support, as nominator. BD2412 T 20:37, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Right now we have particular need of another bureaucrat, and Invisible Sun, a very active admin, is the right man for the job. --Antiquary 20:42, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support My full trust. --Aphaia 00:09, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - a very diligent and enthusiastic editor. ~ UDScott 00:10, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - with renaming tasks more common since the creation of SUL usernames, there is now clearly a need for more bureaucrats, and InvisibleSun has certainly been a reliable and active admin. ~ Kalki 00:29, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. & happily, thanks for helping. --Herby talk thyme 10:22, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support and thanks for volunteering to do more work. :-) FloNight♥♥♥ 15:40, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support I am confidant that you will do a fine job as you have already been doing...Modernist 02:29, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. --Bradeos Graphon Βραδέως Γράφων 12:54, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support — appears to have the necessary qualities for a good 'crat. Best of luck. sephiroth bcr (converse) 19:13, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support We've got the need for more 'crats, and here's a fine candidate. Pretty simple. EVula // talk // 16:23, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Sound candidate. Tyrenius 23:21, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Congratulations from me as well. I had been figuring the two week wait was about over, but Aphaia took care of your promotion before I got around to it. ~ Kalki 11:25, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
Requests for importing right
The import function allows editors to upload specially formatted text into Wikiquote, or to transwiki such material after it is exported from another Wikimedia project. Only a Meta steward can add or drop any user's importing right. After requests are approved here, they will be reported to m:Requests for permissions.
Votes of confidence
Requests for flag removal
Administrators are marked with "(Sysop)" in the list of user accounts, bureaucrats with "(Bureaucrat)" and checkusers with "(Checkuser)". For information on administrators and bureaucrats, see Quotes:Administrators.
If you need to contact an administrator, post a message on WQ:AN or on the talk page of one or several of the userpages below. Administrators can also be contacted privately by using the "email this user" link on the page, if you have registered an email address of your own.
An automatically generated list of current administrators is available here.
The following users currently have sysop privileges on the English Quotes:
- Brion VIBBER (en, eo-3, fr-2, sv-1) (developer, guest)
- Daniel Mayer (en, es) (steward, guest)
- Nanobug (now inactive)
- Kalki (bureaucrat)
- Quadell (en, de-1, es-1)
- Jeff Q (en, fr-2, de-2, es-1; will try to make sense of & reply in other languages)
- Aphaia (ja, en-3, de-2, fr-1, it-1) (bureaucrat, checkuser)
- Rmhermen (now inactive)
- jni (now inactive)
- MosheZadka (now inactive)
- UDScott (en) (bureaucrat)
- Jaxl (now inactive)
- InvisibleSun (en, fr-2) (bureaucrat)
- Cbrown1023 (en, es-1, fr-1)
- Jusjih (zh, en-3, fr-1) (steward, checkuser, import)
- BD2412 (en, fr-1, zh-CN-1)
- Ubiquity (now inactive)
- Ningauble (en)