Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is a 2005 film about an eccentric British inventor and his faithful dog whose humane anti-pest business is employed to capture a giant rabbit which is wreaking havoc in their village.
See Wallace and Gromit page for their other films.
- [To Gromit, while holding a carrot and wearing giant rabbit ears] Er, what's up, dog?
- It's a veritable vegetable paradise!
- Just a bit of harmless brain alteration, that's all.
- Lovely food. For rabbits, that is.
- Still got me on the diet eh, Gromit? Watching me shape. Ha Ha, there's a good dog.
- I'm crackers about cheese, Gromit!
Lady Campanula Tottington
- Please, Wallace, call me "Totty".
- Run, rabbit, run!
- [To Victor] Consider yourself dumped!
Lord Victor Quartermaine
- No nonsense with Victor Quartermaine. What you see is what you get. [his toupee is sucked into a rabbit hole and Lady Tottington screams.]
- [Complaining of Wallace's job] How do you intended to finish these vermin off? Crush them? [Kicks the BunnyVac 6000] Make dinner with them?
- [Preparing to shoot the were-rabbit] Looks like the buck stops here! Eat karat, bunny boy!
- [Watching the were-rabbit hop away] You can hop, but you can't hide, Pesto!
- [Stopping Gromit from saving Wallace] Your loyalty is moving. Sadly, you won't be.
- [Seeing Lady Tottington crying] That's right, my lovely. You can say goodbye to your fluffy lover boy.
- [Shoves a pitchfork in Lady Tottington hair] I kind of like your hair pinned back...
- [The Were-Rabbit falls to it's death] No one beats Victor Quartermaine!
- [The Were-Rabbit is teetering on the roof of Tottingham Hall, above a group of terrified villagers] Stand back! There may be a large rabbit dropping!
- Hey! Get over it!
Hutch the Rabbit
- Cheese, Gromit!
- Don't forget the crackers.
- Monterey Jack! Mmmm!
- Aaaw, the bounce has gone from his bungee.
- I'm inventing, mostly.
- Oooooooooh, I do like a bit of gorgonzola!
- I'm Wallace.
- Good night, Gromit.
- Hey presto! Rabbit rehabilitation!
- Job well done, lad.
- Lovely food. For rabbits that is
Reverend Clement Hedges
- Beware the moon!
- And for our sins, a hideous creature has been sent to punish us all! Repent! Repent! Lest you, too, taste the wrath of... the Were-Rabbit!
- (holding up a pair of cucumbers like a cross) Merrrrcyyyyyyyyy!
- Let us all join you in your moment of sorrow. (begins to walk away) YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH! (fireworks begin to go off and jolly music plays)
- I never saw such cauliflower carnage! Worse than the Great Slug Blight of '32. When there were slugs the size of pigs.
- Not even the Great Duck Plague of '53 stopped it.
- Lady Tottington: [over the phone] I have the most terrible rabbit problem.
- Wallace: Certainly, M'um, we'll be there in an— [hits the control panel and gets dragged up through the ceiling.] Ahhhh!
- Lady Tottington: In an hour?! I can't wait an hour! I have a major infestation!
- PC McIntosh: [Surveying the damage left by the Were-Rabbit] If you ask me, this was arson.
- Townspeople: [gasp]
- Man 1: Arson?
- PC McIntosh: Yeah. Someone arsin' around!
- Wallace: [sobbing] Oh, Gromit! I don't wanna be a giant rabbit!
- Hutch the Rabbit: Aww, the bounce is gone from his bungee.
- [Quartermaine's hairpiece has been sucked up into the Bun-Vac 6000.]
- Lord Victor Quartermaine: I want... [lowers voice] toupeé, please.
- Wallace: Oh, yes, of course. We take cheques or cash.
- Victor: TOUPEÉ, you idiot! My hair is in in your machine!
- Wallace: Oh, no, it's only rabbits in there. The hare, I think you'll find, is a much larger mammal.
- Reverend Clement Hedges: Hello? Is anyone there?
- [The Were-Rabbit lets out an enormous belch.]
- Rev. Hedges: Mrs. Mulch?
- Reverend Clement Hedges: [At the fair] Ah, Mr. Growbag. I have a hunch this is a night to remember.
- Mr Growbag: [Looks at his back] I just have a hunch.
- Victor: [To Wallace] I know your little secret, Pesto. I know exactly what's going on.
- Wallace: Your Lordship?
- Victor: Oh, yes. You think you can pilfer my filly, don't you? You think you can con an innocent woman out of her fortune.
- Wallace: Who, me?
- Victor: Well I got here first! I've spent a lot of time reeling in that fluffy-headed bunny-lover, and I'm not about to let some puddle-headed peasant poach her from me! Comprenez?
[Everyone thinks Victor's a hero]
- Civilian 1: Please, sir... [holds up vegetable] kiss my baby!
- Civilian 2: [holds up vegetable] Kiss my potato!
- Mr Growbag: Kiss my arrr... [holds up vegetable]...tichoke!
- Victor (at the fair): Constable?
- PC McIntosh (into megaphone): Everyone have a great time.
- Victor: The beast isn't actually dead yet...
- PC McIntosh (into megaphone): The beast isn't actually dead yet?!
- (everything stops)
- PC McIntosh (into megaphone): Oops.
- Reverend Clement Hedges: The beast lurks within all of us, my child. [thunderclap] The side of us that emerges at night, when the full moon rises into the sky! The side that savagely rips the leaves off any innocent cabbage...!
- Victor: Spare me the sermon, Vicar! Just tell me how I kill him! Er, I mean 'it'.
- Reverend Clement Hedges: To kill such a creature would require nerves of steel, and...[pause]... a bullet. [thunderclap]
- Victor: A bullet? [thunderclap]
- Reverend Clement Hedges: A bullet! [thunderclap]
- Victor: A bull-? [LOUD THUNDERCLAP!] Oooh! [closes window to blot out noise] What KIND of bullet?
- Reverend Clement Hedges: A bullet... of pure... gold!
- Victor: Gold.
- Reverend Clement Hedges: Yes... 24 'carrot'!
- Victor: Oh. Get out of my way you old fool.
- Reverend Clement Hedges: Beware. Beware the beast within!
- Something wicked this way hops.
- Something bunny is going on.
- Peter Sallis — Wallace
- Helena Bonham Carter — Lady Campanula Tottington
- Ralph Fiennes — Lord Victor Quartermaine
- Peter Kay — PC McIntosh
- Nicholas Smith — Reverend Clement Hedges