Wallace and Gromit
We are governed not by armies, but by ideas.Mona Caird
Wallace and Gromit are the main characters in a series of three short films by Nick Park.
See also separate page,
A Grand Day Out (1989)
- "Eeeeeeeeee, these bank holidays, it's a problem to decide..."
- "Gromit, that's it! Cheese! We'll go somewhere where there's cheese!"
- "I don't know... it's like no cheese I've ever tasted..."
- "No crackers, Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!"
- "No cheese, Gromit. Not a bit in the house."
- "The fuse Gromit! The fuse! We forgot to light the fuse!"
- "Everybody knows the moon is made of cheese..."
The Wrong Trousers (1993)
- "No more lodgers - more trouble than they're worth. Well all's well ends well that's what I say."
- "It's the wrong trousers, Gromit, and they've gone wrong!"
- "They're techno trousers, ex-NASA, fantastic for walkies!"
- "Good grief! It's YOU!"
- "I do like a bit of gorgonzola."
- "Cracking toast, Gromit!"
- "There goes my knotted pine"
A Close Shave (1995)
- "Come over here lad - no need to feel sheepish."
- "We've tested this on Gromit - haven't we lad?"
- "Do something, Gromit!"
- "Smashing this. A bit tight here and there ..."
- "The bounce has gone from his bungie."
- "Windows are our speciality."
- "Oh yes, I'm inventing mostly."
- "Brilliant teamwork lads!"
- "I suppose you'll have to skip the country now. A fugitive, eh. You'll be hunted down like... well, a dog."
- "You're not going to turn me into dog meat."
- "Steady on - single file. Single file I said!"
- "Get yourselves organised down there!"
- "Where did you get that from? That's my machine! I've got patent pending on that."
- Wendolene: "Duck!!", Wallace: "Where?"
- "By 'eck, I thought we were all for the can then."
- "Not even Wensleydale?"
- "Get off me cheese! GET OFF!"
- Wendolene: "He's malfunctioning!" Wallace: "Mal-what!?"
- "Eh, you think we should call the pest control?"
- "Have you been peckish during the night?"
Cracking Contraptions (2002)
- "Oh, now that's just not cricket, Gromit! Anyone for tennis, perchance?"
- "Well I think we got away with that, eh pooch!"
- "Gromit, we have a problem!"
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
- "It's just a bit of...harmless brain alteration, that's all."
- "Full suction!"
- "Oh, very cheeky!"
- "What's up, dog?" (an obvious reference to the Bugs Bunny cartoons. At this moment in the film Wallace has grown bunny ears.)
- "I'm just crackers about cheese!"
- "Say no to carrots, cabbage, and cauliflower!"
- "Love, Gromit! That's the biggest trap of all!"
- "The penguin has landed!"
- "I wonder who does their windows?"
- "I didn't do it!"
- "Give up, and I won't have Gromit attack you."
- "Attack, Gromit!"
- "This is panda-monium!"
- "There you are. What took you so long?"
- "Gromit! Help!"
- "Gromit, old pal, I'll...need assistance."
- "I've used me only ball." (the tellyscope)
- "Well done! We did it!" (exclaimed by Wallace, even though it's usually Gromit who saves the day)
- "Cracking good job, Gromit!"
- "Holy helecopters! Penguins aren't supposed to fly! We'll never catch him now. Unless." (Project Zoo)
- "I suppose you like kippers. I'm partial to a bit of black pudding myself - with bacon of course."
- "I could just fancy some cheese, Gromit. What do you say? Cheddar?"
- "All's well that ends well"
- "I'm in the mood for food!"
- "I do like a bit of Gorgonzola"
- "Wake up, Gromit!"
- "That went as well as could be expected, didn't it?"