Wanted (2008) is an action film loosely based on the comic book miniseries Wanted by Mark Millar. The film is directed by Timur Bekmambetov and stars James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann, Konstantin Khabensky and Angelina Jolie.
- In fact, the only thing that I do care about is that I don't care about anything. Seriously, it worries me.
- You know when you have a dream and you're half-awake, but still in the fringe of your brain. Then you open your eyes and you're so damned glad it was a dream? This was NOTHING like that.
- I don't know why I am here!
- I don't know who I am!
- Now I know why I could never care about anything before this. I was living a lie.
- Fate wanted you dead. And you couldn't take it.
- Six weeks ago I was ordinary and pathetic just like you. Who am I now? Account manager? Assassin? Just another tool who was mind-fucked into killing his father? I am all of these. I am none of these. Who am I now?
- This is not me following my destiny. This is not me following in my father's footsteps. This is definitely not me saving the world. ... This is not me. This is just a mother-fucking decoy.
- This is me taking control — from Sloane, from the Fraternity, from Janice, from billing reports, from ergonomic keyboards, from cheating girlfriends and sack-of-shit best-friends. This is me taking back control — of my life. [Breaks the fourth wall, turning to gaze at the audience] What the fuck have you done lately?
- Your father died yesterday in the rooftop of the Metropolitan Building. He was one of the greatest assassins who ever lived. The man who killed him is behind you.
- His name came up. So did yours.
- We trained him well.[To Sloan after failing to kill Wesley]
- You really want to know who you are?
- It' a choice, Wesley, that each of us must face: to remain ordinary, pathetic, beat-down, coasting through a miserable existence, like sheep herded by fate, or you can take control of your own destiny and join us, releasing the caged wolf you have inside. Our purpose is to maintain stability in an unstable world — kill one, save a thousand. Within the fabric of this world, every life hangs by a thread. We are that thread — a fraternity of assassins, weapons of fate. This is the decision that lies before you now: the sheep, or the wolf. The choice is yours.
- Welcome to the Fraternity.
- We call this the Loom of Fate.
- Your task is not to interpret but to deliver.
- Shoot this motherfucker!
- Insanity is wasting your life with a nothing when you have the blood of a killer flowing in your veins. Insanity is being shit on, beat down, coasting through life on a miserable existence when you have a caged lion locked inside and the key to release it.
- Everything they told you was a lie. ... You are my son.
Quotes about Wanted
- Wanted may be the most absolutely stone bonkers, crazy-good movie of the century. Or it may be a gargantuan piece of trash.
Chances are it's a combination of the two. But man, does it rock. ... The level of invention and energy in this movie makes your typical Hollywood blockbuster action flick look like little girls in pink dresses petting fuzzy bunnies in slow motion. ..."Wanted" takes a leap of faith — actually, it takes about 10 leaps — and it certainly isn't for everyone. It's bloody, far-fetched, loud, leering and half-mad. But if you're into hardcore action, it doesn't get any better than this.