Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
The Original Series
Into the Wild
- Smudge: You're not going to go into the woods, are you?
Rusty: Just for a look.
Smudge: You wouldn't get me in there. It's dangerous honey! Henry said he went into the woods once.
Rusty: That fat old tabby never went into the woods! He's hardly been beyond his own garden since his trip to the vet. All he wants to do is eat and sleep.
Smudge: No, really. He caught a robin there!
Rusty: "Well, if he did, then it was before the vet. Now he complains about the birds because they disturb his dozing.
- Darkstripe: But the Clan cannot support Yellowfang. We have too many mouths to feed already.
Graypaw: (whispering to Firepaw) Yeah! And some of them are bigger than others!
- Graypaw: Well, I'm more lopsided than a one-legged badger. I think I shall just have to settle for hunting stupid mice. They won't stand a chance. I shall just walk up to them and sit on them till they surrender.
Fire and Ice
- Graystripe: If it [Cloudkit] carries Fireheart's blood, it'll make a good Clan cat.
Darkstripe: Yeah, Graystripe! How do you know Fireheart has worthy blood of ThunderClan? Did you taste it last night when you tried to take a chunk out of his leg?
- Cinderpaw: I'm never going to be a warrior, am I?
- Graystripe: Stay out of it, will you? I'm going to keep on seeing her [Silverstream], whatever you do or say.
- Yellowfang: That this is Bluestar's final life? Yes, I know. A medicine cat can tell such things.
Forest of Secrets
- Graystripe: Silverstream is having her kits, but it's coming out all wrong! She's bleeding so much, and...oh, Silverstream!
- Narrative: Fireheart picked up the kit with his teeth, and left Graystripe beside the cat he had loved more than his Clan, more than honor, more than life itself.
- Cinderpelt: Because while you're dreaming about Spottedleaf, there's another cat- a living one- right under your nose whom you should be thinking about instead.
Fireheart: (puzzled) What are you talking about?
Cinderpelt: Haven't you noticed?
Fireheart: Noticed what?
Cinderpelt: Fireheart, every cat in the Clan can see that Sandstorm is very, very fond of you!
A Dangerous Path
- Bluestar: (dying) You will be a great leader. One of the greatest the forest has ever known. You will have the warmth of fire to protect your Clan and the fierceness of fire to defend it. You will be Firestar, the light of ThunderClan.
The Darkest Hour
- Bramblepaw: Join you? (hesitates)... After everything you've done? I'd rather die!
- Darkstripe: This is not my Clan. Not any longer. ThunderClan is led by a kittypet, and there's nothing left to fight for. I feel no loyalty to ThunderClan. In the whole forest, the only cat worth following is Tigerstar.
- Bluestar: We watch, but we do not interfere... If we did, would you truly be free?
- Assorted StarClan Cats: Firestar, you are wrong. There were never four Clans in the forest... There were always five.
The New Prophecy
- Feathertail: Honestly! Do you toms do anything but argue?
Tawnypelt: "It's what they do best.
- Squirrelpaw: I've changed my mind. I don't want to be a squirrel anymore. I'd rather be a bird!
- Crowpaw: Shelter? If this is shelter, then I'm a hedgehog!
Stormfur: (thinking) You're just as prickly...
- Brook: She came. The silver cat came.
Stormfur: No, I brought her.
- Crowpaw: No! Feathertail!
- Narrative: And when Stormfur looked up at Starclan, he could have sworn he saw two silver stars--one slightly larger than the other."
- Crowpaw: I'm not frightened of joining StarClan. The forest is dying anyway. At least in StarClan, Feathertail will be waiting for me!
- Crowpaw: I would like to choose my own warrior name. If it is alright, I wish to be known as Crowfeather. I wish to keep alive the memory of... of the cat who did not return from the first journey.
- Squirrelpaw: Oh, Brambleclaw. My heart is with ThunderClan; don't you know that? My heart is with you.
- Cinderpelt: We cannot change our destiny. We just have to have the courage to know what it is, and accept it...
- Squirrelflight: Then that means that Brambleclaw's and mine's destiny is so intertwined,nothing can tear us apart!!
- 'Leafpool: It's over. It's over, and peace has come.
The Power of Three
- Willowpaw: That's okay. Next time I hope you fall in!
- Jaypaw: She'll (Brightheart) be hurt.
Narrative: Hollypaw thought she could hear anxiety in Jaypaw's mew. He'd never gotten on well with his mentor, she knew, but he oviously cared about her feelings.
- Birchfall: A midnight adventure. That reminds me of my apprentice days.
Narrative: He sounded wistful, even though he'd only been a warrior for a few moons. Jaypaw didn't say anything; Birchfall always liked to pretend he was vastly wise and experienced compared with apprentices, but Jaypaw hadn't forgotten the fuss he'd made over getting a thorn in his paw.