He who is not impatient is not in love.Italian Proverb
Here are famous phrases and moments in the game show The Weakest Link:
- Let's play The Weakest Link!
- It's time to vote off the The Weakest Link!
- Voting over, it's time to reveal who you think is The Weakest Link!
- You are The Weakest Link. Good-bye!
- Join us next time for The Weakest Link. Good-bye!
- Welcome to The Weakest Link. Any of the nine/eight/six people in the studio here, today/tonight, can win up to $1,000,000/$75,000/$100,000/£10,000. They don't know each other, however, if they want money, they'll have to work as a team, but seven/five of them will leave with nothing, as round by round we eliminate the player voted The Weakest Link. Let's meet the team...
--Anne and George welcoming.
- Your aim is to answer enough questions correctly to reach your $125,000/$12,500/$25,000/£1,000 target within the time limit. There are nine/eight/six of you, so, the fastest way is to create a chain of nine/eight/six correct answers. Get your question wrong and you break the chain, and lose all the money in that chain. But if you say the word BANK before your/the question is asked, the money is safe. however, you'll start a brand new chain. Remember, at the end of the round, only money that's been banked can carry over into the next round.
--Anne and George explains how the game is played.
- Anne: Who are the three cartoon mascots of Rice Krispies cereal?
Contestant: Crispy and Crunch?
Anne: Snap! Crackle! and Pop!
- Anne: How many wheels does a unicycle have?
- Anne: The law of what organization ends by stating that its members are brave, clean, and reverent?
Kato Kaelin: Alcoholics Anonymous.
Anne: Boy Scouts.
- Anne: In the Dr. Seuss book Horton Hears a Who!, Horton is what animal?
Contestant: A Who.
Anne: An elephant.
- Anne: Which letter of the alphabet sounds exactly the same as a term for a female sheep?
Anne: U/Ewe. Never mind.
(audience laughing resumes)
- Anne: The magazine Highlights for Children features a section called Goofus and what?
- Anne: In agriculture, irrigation involves supplying farmland with which substance essential for growth?
- Anne: According to Hallmark, what type of gift should be given on the 50th wedding anniversary?
Contestant: Greeting card.
- Anne: In solid geometry, What H is the name given to half a sphere?
Contestant: Half a circle.
- Anne: In slang, which three-letter word precedes "shop" to make a rhyming term for a police station?
- Anne: The 'Hallelujah Chorus' occurs in which oratorio by Handel?
Contestant: The Sound of Music.
- Anne: Which month in the Gregorian calendar is named after Augustus Caesar?
- Anne: In his 1961 number one UK single "Wooden Heart," Elvis sings in English and which other European language?
- Anne: In nature, most unripe fruit is which color, purple or green?
Anne: Green. Fantasticness.
- Anne: What Black Flag product uses the slogan "Roaches Check In But They Don't Check Out"?
Anne: Roach Motel.
- Anne: What TV theme song includes the line "A horse is a horse of course of couse"?
Contestant: Captain Kangaroo.
Anne: Mister Ed.
- Anne: Who got eaten by a crocodile in the book Peter Pan?
Contestant: Tinker Bell.
Anne: Captain Hook.
- Anne: What Betty Crocker brand uses a talking hand in its mascot?
Anne: Hamburger Helper.
- George: What General Mills mascot says "Ho, Ho, Ho"?
Contestant: Santa Claus!
George: No, the correct answer is Green Giant.