What About Bob?
Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth.William Purkey
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I.
- [to man on bus] Hi. I'm Bob. Would you knock me out, please? Just hit me in the face.
- I'm Sailing! I'm Sailing!
- New Hampshire?!?!
- I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful. I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful.
- Good morning Gill... I said good morning, Gill.
- A vacation from my problems! You bet I will!
- Baby step to the elevator. I'm in the elevator. AHHHHH!!!
- [singing] And I go through the kitchen, with a bowl full of chicken, and I put it in Leo, I mean Dr. Marvin's, refrigerator.
- Hi, I'm Bob. Would you please knock me out? Just hit me over the head."
- Is this a bad time? Oh... the fam!
- [after Leo throws him out enraged] Is this some radical new therapy?
Dr. Leo Marvin
- Hahaha, Monday we'll eat Gil and Tuesday, we'll eat Bob.
- Son of a bitchin' BOB!
- (to Bob) GEDADDADACA!!! (get out of the car)
- He can borrow my slicker!
- Mrs. Guttman: Burn in hell, Dr. Marvin!
- Bob Wiley: You ever hear of Tourette's syndrome? Involuntarily shouting out profanities?
- Dr. Leo Marvin: It's exceptionally rare.
- Bob Wiley: Shit-eating son-of-a-bitch... bastard, douche-bag, twat, numb-nuts, dickhead!
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Why exactly are you doing this?
- Bob Wiley: Well, if I fake it then I don't have it. Same thing with the cardiac arrest.
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Are you married?
- Bob Wiley: I'm divorced.
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Would you like to talk about that?
- Bob Wiley: There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.
- Siggy: I mean, my dad just dropped me in the water. He let me go with no warning. I mean, I nearly drowned. My whole life passed before my eyes.
- Bob Wiley: You're lucky you're only 12.
- Siggy: It was still grim.
- Bob Wiley: What are you doing with the gun, Dr. Marvin?
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Death Therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure.
- Dr. Leo Marivn: I would like some peace, and quiet.
- Bob Wiley: Oh, I'll be quiet.
- Siggy: I'll be peace.
- Bob's a special kind of friend. The kind that drives you crazy!
- Bill Murray - Bob Wiley
- Richard Dreyfuss - Dr. Leo Marvin
- Julie Hagerty - Fay Marvin
- Charlie Korsmo - Sigmund 'Siggy' Marvin
- Kathryn Erbe - Anna Marvin
- Tom Aldredge - Mr. Guttman
- Susan Willis - Mrs. Guttman