Such as take lodgings in a head that's to be let unfurnished.Samuel Butler
White Heat is 1949 film which depicts the story of a mentally disturbed gangster with a mother complex who makes a daring escape from prison.
- Made it, Ma! Top of the world!
- Note: ranked #18 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.
- You know something, Verna, if I turn my back for long enough for Big Ed to put a hole in it, there'd be a hole in it.
- Referring to his treacherous second in command.
- Big Ed ... great big Ed. Y'know why they call 'im that? 'Cause his ideas are big. One day he's gonna get a really big one ... about me. And it'll be his last.
- I told you to stay away from that radio. If that battery's dead, it'll have company.
- Verna Jarrett: I'd look good in a mink coat, honey.
- Cody Jarrett: You'd look good in a shower curtain.
- Verna: Cody, my radio won't work.
- Cody: Whuddya want for it, unemployment insurance?
- Cody Jarrett: A copper, a copper. How do you like that, boys? A copper and his name is Fallon. And we went for it, I went for it. Treated him like a kid brother. And I was gonna split fifty-fifty with a copper!
- Hank Fallon: Come on get up, get your hands up!
- Cody Jarrett: Maybe they're waiting to pin a medal on 'im. [This is an allusion to a previous exchange in prison.]
- Hank Fallon: Solid gold!
- Cody Jarrett: Yeah, that's it, a nice gold medal for the copper. Only maybe he's gonna get it sooner than he thinks!