White Men Can't Jump
Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us.Guy De Maupassant
- Written and directed by Ron Shelton.
- You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.
- You can put a cat in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
- Oh man shut your anorexic malnutrition tapeworm-having overdose on Dick Gregory Bohemian diet-drinking ass up. Leave me alone!
- Can anybody step in for mr. handicap? Anybody, for Mr. Motherfucking March of Dimes?
- Billy, listen to me. White men can't jump.
- I don't mean to brag... but I'm the greatest!
- It's hard work makin' you look so bad.
- Another brick! 'Clang, Clang!' I need like a welding torch to play in this league. I'll tell you what: why don't we take all these bricks and build a shelter for the homeless, so maybe your mother will have a place to stay. And your sister too. I want your mother and your sister out of my place immediately!
- A white man wants to win first, look good second. A black man wants to look good first, win second.
- Yo, pretty boy! I looked up basketball player in the dictionary and it said 'Not you!'
- You're too pretty to play basketball, you know that? You got that Z in your 'fro! Hey man, what are you, the Black Zorro?
- Keep singin' guys... My old man was a preacher... I love this shit!
- Who you callin' a pilgrim motherfucker? Gobble this turkey!
- I'm in a fuckin' zone!
- Junior: We goin' Sizzla! We goin' Sizzla!
- Zeke: No, no, no, no...Billy Boy, this is Ghana. You, my friend, are shooting for The Sudan.
- Rhonda Deane: All I care about is getting out of the Vista View apartments, because there ain't no 'vista', there ain't no "view", and there certainly ain't no vista of no view.
- Junior: Billy Ho! Good ta see ya Billy ya look swell!
- Raymond: who rattled your cage dickhead?
- Sidney: Hey hey man, what's the score? Yo! Chump! I'm talking to you! I'm talking to the fucking air.
- Billy: My name ain't chump, it's Billy Hoyle.
- Sidney: Billy Hoyle. BILLY HOYLE. Billy Hoyle. Okay Billy... can you count to ten, Billy?
- Billy: Yeah.
- Sidney: Good. What's the score... Billy?
- Billy: I don't know.
- Sidney: Then you're a chump!
- Billy: I may be a chump, I just said that wasn't my name.
- Gloria: Teammates can't hustle each other.
- Rhonda: Why not?
- Gloria: It's not artistic.
- Billy: You calling me ugly?
- Sidney: Your mother did!
- Sidney: Billy, I have four words for you: "Listen to the Woman".
- Billy: What the hell does that mean, "Listen to the woman"? I TRIED to listen to the woman and you're the one who talked me out of it.
- Sidney: Wait a minute. I didn't talk you out of anything. I presented you with an option and you took it.
- Gloria: The money was mine to keep for both of us when Jeopardy called.
- Billy: Jeopardy is not going to call, when are you going to fuckin' wake up.
- Gloria: Jeopardy is going to call Billy, it is my destiny that I triumph magnificently on that show and I'll never do that if I have to wear this stupid hoochie-mama looking dress that you bought me which was obviously a poor excuse to cover up the fact that you fucked up again! I'm going to get on that motherfucking show, and I'm going to win, because I'm filled with more useless goddamn information than any human being on this fucking planet! Whose James K. Polk? How many moons are on Pluto? What's a quince? It's a food, Billy, that starts with the letter Q, and I got seven more! I can't believe you lost the goddamn money!
- Wesley Snipes - Sidney Deane
- Woody Harrelson - Billy Hoyle
- Rosie Perez - Gloria Clemente
- Tyra Ferrell - Rhonda Deane
- Cylk Cozart - Robert
- Kadeem Hardison - Junior
- Ernest Harden Jr. - George
- John Marshall Jones - Walter
- Marques Johnson - Raymond
- David Roberson - T.J.
- Kevin Benton - Zeke