Living, just by itself—what a dirge that is! Life is a classroom and Boredom's the usher, there all the time to spy on you; whatever happens, you've got to look as if you were awfully busy all the time doing something that's terribly exciting—or he'll come along and nibble your brain.Louis-Ferdinand Celine
- Matthew: When you see something from afar, you develop a fantasy. But when you see it up close, 9 times out of 10, you wish you hadn't.
- Alex: Now you see me for who I am.
- Matthew: Yes I do.
- Matthew: What are you doing?
- Alex: Watching you sleep.
- Alex: Love makes you do crazy things, insane things. Things in a million years you'd never see yourself do. But there you are doing them... can't help it.
- Matthew: What would you do?
- Luke: I'd keep both of them and hope they don't find out about each other.
- Matthew: [laughs] Asshole!
- Lisa: Take my picture. I'm feeling beautiful tonight.
- Matthew: I needed you to know.
- Rebecca: Know what? Know what, Matthew? That I'm not the girl who can break your heart?
- Alex: You want a cup of coffee?
- Matthew: Yeah, sure. Thanks.
- Alex: [rummages around in the kitchen] No. No. No. No.
- Alex: [comes back with coffee in two flutes of champagne glasses] He broke all my cups.
- Matthew: That's original.
- Matthew: Things don't have to be extraordinary to be beautiful. Even the ordinary can be beautiful.
- Matthew: I'm going to China tonight, I'm practically engaged-- do I need to remind you?
- Luke: The lies we tell ourselves.
- Josh Hartnett — Matthew
- Matthew Lillard - Luke
- Diane Kruger — Lisa
- Rose Byrne - Alex
- Jessica Paré - Rebecca