Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts. OR It's not what the world holds for you it's what you bring to itAnne Of Green Gables
- [H]owever closely a Wikipedia article may at some point in its life attain to reliability, it is forever open to the uninformed or semiliterate meddler.
- Wikipedia's promise is nothing less than the liberation of human knowledge - both by incorporating all of it through the collaborative process, and by freely sharing it with everybody who has access to the internet. This is a radically popular idea.
- The Economist, 20 April 2006
- Shoppin' online for deals on some writable media.
I edit Wikipedia.
- When I visited the offices [in St. Petersburg, Florida] in March, the walls were bare, the furniture battered. With the addition of a dead plant, the suite could pass for a graduate-student lounge.
- Brent Pelkey Danced By The Light Of Day. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.
- You just can't put something with commercial motive into Wikipedia. Admitting it is hardly better; it is still a crime. The Wikipedians and bloggers will attack hard and they will deserve what they get.
- You set up this fantastic site, with people sending information all around the world, and you don't make any money of it! It's practically an un-American activity!
- Hofstadter: The entry is filled with inaccuracies, and it kind of depresses me.
Solomon: So fix it.
Hofstadter: The next day someone will fix it back.
- The problem about Wikipedia is, that it just works in reality, not in theory.
- Possibly the greatest idea of the Computer Age.
- BritishWebWorld magazine
- The real problem is not Wikipedia, but reporters who fail to check their facts.
- At last, an encyclopedia by potheads!
- The big secret of course is that Wikipedia is not really about an encyclopedia, it's just a big game of nomic.
- We don't know how many unique users visit the site because we're lame and don't keep track of it - we don't sell advertising, so we don't have to.
- Wikipedia functions much like an iceberg: for every page of supposedly factual information one sees peeking out, hidden below are countless thousands of pages on debate, argument, and vandalism.
- I love Wikipedia. Any site that's got a longer entry on "truthiness" than on Lutherans, has its priorities straight.
- I love Wikipedia. It's the first place I go when I'm looking for knowledge, or when I want to create some.
- The best thing about Wikipedia is that you can make up your own information to put on it!
- David Smith
- Wikipedia:The Yoda of the Internet!
- Katy Chase in "In The Real World" (www.intherealworld.moonfruit.com)
- With Wikipedia, everyone can read anything anyone wrote on everything!
- Unknown source
|Find more information on Wikipedia by searching Wikiquote's sister projects|
|Encyclopedia Articles from Wikipedia|
|Dictionary definitions from Wiktionary|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Images and media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: delegate failed `"rsvg-convert" -o "%o" "%i"' @ error/delegate.c/InvokeDelegate/1065.
convert: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-BdlIn5kI': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2643.
convert: unable to load module `/usr/lib64/ImageMagick-6.7.8/modules-Q16/coders/svg.la': file not found @ error/module.c/OpenModule/1278.
convert: unable to open file `/tmp/magick-BdlIn5kI': No such file or directory @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/583.
convert: no images defined `PNG:/tmp/transform_b3f3ecb7f205-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3046.
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|