Living Life Tomorrow's fate, though thou be wise, Thou canst not tell nor yet surmise; Pass, therefore, not today in vain, For it will never come again.Omar Khayyam
- [H]owever closely a Wikipedia article may at some point in its life attain to reliability, it is forever open to the uninformed or semiliterate meddler.
- Wikipedia's promise is nothing less than the liberation of human knowledge - both by incorporating all of it through the collaborative process, and by freely sharing it with everybody who has access to the internet. This is a radically popular idea.
- The Economist, 20 April 2006
- Shoppin' online for deals on some writable media.
I edit Wikipedia.
- When I visited the offices [in St. Petersburg, Florida] in March, the walls were bare, the furniture battered. With the addition of a dead plant, the suite could pass for a graduate-student lounge.
- Brent Pelkey Danced By The Light Of Day. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.
- You just can't put something with commercial motive into Wikipedia. Admitting it is hardly better; it is still a crime. The Wikipedians and bloggers will attack hard and they will deserve what they get.
- You set up this fantastic site, with people sending information all around the world, and you don't make any money of it! It's practically an un-American activity!
- Hofstadter: The entry is filled with inaccuracies, and it kind of depresses me.
Solomon: So fix it.
Hofstadter: The next day someone will fix it back.
- The problem about Wikipedia is, that it just works in reality, not in theory.
- Possibly the greatest idea of the Computer Age.
- BritishWebWorld magazine
- The real problem is not Wikipedia, but reporters who fail to check their facts.
- At last, an encyclopedia by potheads!
- The big secret of course is that Wikipedia is not really about an encyclopedia, it's just a big game of nomic.
- We don't know how many unique users visit the site because we're lame and don't keep track of it - we don't sell advertising, so we don't have to.
- Wikipedia functions much like an iceberg: for every page of supposedly factual information one sees peeking out, hidden below are countless thousands of pages on debate, argument, and vandalism.
- I love Wikipedia. Any site that's got a longer entry on "truthiness" than on Lutherans, has its priorities straight.
- I love Wikipedia. It's the first place I go when I'm looking for knowledge, or when I want to create some.
- The best thing about Wikipedia is that you can make up your own information to put on it!
- David Smith
- Wikipedia:The Yoda of the Internet!
- Katy Chase in "In The Real World" (www.intherealworld.moonfruit.com)
- With Wikipedia, everyone can read anything anyone wrote on everything!
- Unknown source
|Find more information on Wikipedia by searching Wikiquote's sister projects|
|Encyclopedia Articles from Wikipedia|
|Dictionary definitions from Wiktionary|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Images and media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: delegate failed `"rsvg-convert" -o "%o" "%i"' @ error/delegate.c/InvokeDelegate/1065.
convert: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-YRGKXBgU': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2643.
convert: unable to load module `/usr/lib64/ImageMagick-6.7.8/modules-Q16/coders/svg.la': file not found @ error/module.c/OpenModule/1278.
convert: unable to open file `/tmp/magick-YRGKXBgU': No such file or directory @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/583.
convert: no images defined `PNG:/tmp/transform_4a015e5a9c21-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3046.
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|