- Why should the Devil have all the best tunes?
- Attributed by Salvation Army website
- While Women weep as they do now, I'll fight.
While little children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight.
While men go to prison, in and out, in and out, I'll fight.
While there is a drunkard left,
While there is a poor lost girl upon the streets,
While there remains one dark soul without the light of God,
I'll fight to the very end!
- My business is to get the world saved. If this involves the standing still of the looms and the shutting up of the factories and the staying of the sailing ships, let them all stand still. When we have got everybody converted, they can go on again.
- The Army of the Revolution is recruited by the Soldiers of Despair.
- Go for souls and go for the worst.
- Without excuse and self-consideration of health or limb or life, true soldiers fight, live to fight, love the thickest of the fight, and die in the midst of it.
- Attributed in: Court, Stephen & White, Aaron. Revolution, Credo Press, 2005. Vancouver, British Columbia.