X-Men: Animated Series
Live for love. Without love, you don't live.Source Unknown
The X-Men are a band of mutants set out to protect the innocent, keeping evil at bay by using their mutant powers.
- 1 Quotes From Characters
- 1.1 Angel
- 1.2 Apocalypse
- 1.3 Beast
- 1.4 Bishop
- 1.5 Cyclops
- 1.6 Gambit
- 1.7 Jean Grey/Phoenix
- 1.8 Jubilee
- 1.9 Juggernaut
- 1.10 Magneto
- 1.11 Mastermold
- 1.12 Morph
- 1.13 Mr. Sinister
- 1.14 Phalanx
- 1.15 Professor Xavier
- 1.16 Rogue
- 1.17 Sabertooth
- 1.18 Sentinels
- 1.19 Storm
- 1.20 Wolverine
Quotes From Characters
- (About Apocalypse) I'll follow him to the end of the earth, through perdition's fire, until he breathes blood and rolls over, split, broken, finished!
- I am the rocks of the eternal shore: Crash against me and be broken!
- There exists no freedom from me, there is only freedom through me.
- The millionaire Warren Worthington,with the wings of an angel.
- I know more of this world than you have even dreamed. That is why I must destroy it!
- I shall not forget this impudence!
- I cannot be touched, I cannot be harmed, watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world!
- (About Rogue) Of all people she is a fool, but she has great powers. We'll use the machine to make her my slave.
- Increase the power! I want to hear the cries of the future being born!
- Each generation has cried out for a new world, yet they have built the same old one, corrupt and weak! Ah, but the new world shall come to pass. When I shall take the foods from their mouths, turn their weapons against them, incinerate them!
- (To Rogue) You had the chance to be the first of my creatures.
- The old world passes away. Together, we shall forge a new one, in fire and blood. The future is transformed, I am the instrument to purify the world! The evil of human and mutant must be cut away! You shall help me tear down the old order. Those who oppose me shall perish through my agents of destruction. Famine! Pestilence! War! And my greatest creation, Death, the winged angel. From the ashes of this world, I will build a better one! Go forth my horsemen! And let the chaos cleanse the world!
- You are only delaying the inevitable.
- All who oppose me shall be crushed!
- Do what you will, for I fear no one.
- Time is motion. And motion and thought are a unity.
- Traitor! You dare attack your master?!
- I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you! I am eternal!
- (To Cable) You have traveled over 50 centuries in hopes to defeat me. When will you learn it cannot be done?"
- Spare me your petty judgments. They spring from a brain too meager to comprehend MY reality. (grows in size) Now, taste the power... of Apocalypse!
- Your honor, we mutants yearn only to live in peace with our human brothers. To paraphrase the bard, I am a mutant, hath not a mutant senses? Affections? Fed with the same food, warmed and cooled with the same summer that a human is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
- How else am I to get you to treat me like a man of weight and substance unless I act as morally perturbed and angst-ridden as everyone else in this room?
- "The faint heart averted many feet and many a tear, in our opposed path to perservere." A minor poet for a minor obstacle.
- As Archimedes said when he discovered the principle of displacement: "Eureka!"
- Security. Hmm... I wonder...are any of us ever truly secure?
- (after being attacked by Sauron) Rogue, Storm, we have a problem. I believe the appropriate aphorism is... a "blast from the past."
- (throwing Jubilee to safety) To put it in the vernacular: Alley Oop!
- I can absorb your power, and channel it right back. That's my mutant power.
- YOU! You're the reason I've come back! Traitor! Your future ends NOW!
- I've never played poker with an assassin.
- I'm back in the future again, nothing's changed. It's all just like I left it.
- But I didn't fail, Forge. I stopped the assassination.
- FLY FROM THIS WORLD TO A DARKNESS, NEVERENDING.
- I'm not leaving anyone behind. Not this time.
- Wolverine, you coming? Or is this your day off?
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS!
- (addressing a Sentinel) Energy blasts, huh? Here's one from a pro!
- His name's Sabertooth. Wolverine knows him, and hates him. (Professor X: Did he give a reason?) Does he ever?
- Give. Her. Back.
- You wouldn't hit a man with glasses, would you?
- (to Magneto concerning the ailing Professor X) Wouldn't he do it for you?
- In the name of Shara and K'thyri and the sacred ancestors of the Shiar, I call upon the nine dying stars and the world that has no name. Unlock the power of the M'krann and make the galaxy mine.
- I don't understand this woman.
- This is not my home. I am not thief, or assassin. I am an X-Men, and I'm never coming back.
- Everybody can relax! Gambit has returned.
- You can drain my energy any time, chere. Gambit has plenty.
- This is why I left New Orleans in the first place. I don't want to be a part of this family anymore.
- Scott and Jean picked one romantic hideaway, no?
- Here is mud in your eyes my subterranean frere!
- (To Jubilee, whom he just saved from sentinels.) Miss me petite? (Jubilee hugs him) I guess so.
- Wait, Gambit can help you! I'm a mutant too!
- The name is GAMBIT, REMEMBER IT!
- I like Solitaire ok... that is, unless I got someone to play with.
- [Rogue warns Gambit that a kiss would put him in a coma] Maybe it's worth it, no?
- [Jubilee: How did you do that!?] With style, petît. With style.
- They're not my friends. They don't like me, don't trust me. They just use me...like you.
- [To Rogue] Gambit never say this before: Gambit loves you.
- [To Rogue] Maybe you should lay off the fried chicken.
- Life don't get much better than this!
- [To Jubilee] How do you sweat so much petît, and not lose weight?!
- You're tangling with the wrong X-Man!
- Forget it lady! Scott's my date!
- It's Morph! Can't you feel it?
- The mortal Jean Grey is no more, I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am the *Dark Phoenix*!
- I already am free. Free from the constraints of morality that binds ordinary humans. Can't you see it all around you? [Scott: There is only darkness!] Ha Ha Ha Ha! The dark joy of destruction!
- You wish me to return to the cold nothingness of space? You wish me to give up the body? NEVER!
- The conceit of YOU humans, the arrogance!
- I'm Jubilee - I blow stuff up!
- I'm not a kid anymore! I'm one of you, one of the X-Men, and it means more to me than anything else in the world!
- Time to blow this joint.
- Does a mall baby eat chili fries?
- Why are you doing this to me? I can't help the way I was born.
- Jubilee, Princess of Pyrotechnics, commands you to release the human! (talking about Longshot)
- Here's Juggy!
- I'm not a mutant. My powers are magical.
- Whosoever touches this gem shall be granted the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak! Henceforth, you who read these words, shall become ... forevermore ... a human juggernaut!
- What's she gonna do? Hit me with your diaper?
- Sticks and stones will break my bones, but tanks will never hurt me.
- What chance does a mutant have tried by mortal humans? Are these the people whose laws you trust? They dont seem to share your sense of brotherhood!
- The humans must be crushed, and I have the power to do it.
- You dare oppose me? Your most powerful weapons will destory you, and mutants will hide in fear no more. Mutant liberation begins.
- Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees.
- You've trained your X-Men well Xavier, they defied me and delayed my war. You and your mutants protect the humans who seek to destroy us, why? Why have you turned against your own kind?
- When I was a child, my people talked while others prepared for war. They used reason while others used tanks, and they were destroyed for their trouble! I won't stand by and watch it happen again, I won't!
- When I was a boy, I saw men executed, women and children. Each night I swore to myself 'never again,' but we must prevail. Goodbye Senator - mutant liberation begins.
- You've lost, Xavier. Admit it, peace between mutants and normal humans is only a dream; your foolish dream.
- You're all fools... heroic fools. The brave are always the first to die.
- You're a fool, Charles! Look at them, they can't even make peace with each other!
- [about Sauron] His powers would make him a dangerous foe, even if we still had our own.
- But I have waited
- Why now? My greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. BUT I HAVE WAITED ALL MY LIFE FOR THIS MOMENT!
- That is not logical. Mutants are humans. Therefore, humans must be protected from themselves.
- I have not destroyed him. I do not have to destroy because I do not fear.
- [In the form of Senator Kelly] My fellow Americans, I am an idiot.
- It looks like clear sailing from here.
- Didn't I tell ya? Clear sailing all the way!
- Wolverine! Pull back!
- If it makes you feel any better, (he morphs his head into Gambit's) I go like 'dis, huh?
- I'd rather die an X-Man than live as your slave!
- Dee Colon.
- Hope for the future! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Sinister knows what your future holds!
- Your whole lives I've watched you, tracked you, studied you. You are the prototypes, the chosen ones. And from your offspring, I will control the future of all human creatures on earth!
- It will be easier if you don't resist...and less dangerous.
- Collar them! I don't want to have to hurt them...yet!
- There is no refuge from the Phalanx!
- You are the living embodiment of all that is evil and unjust in humankind. You must be destroyed!
- Magnus, your violence will solve nothing, we must use our special gifts to bring peace to mankind!
- There are still some recesses of his mind that I have failed to penetrate, but I trust I will, given enough time.
- Magneto failed, but he'll attack again, soon. And next time, he won't be so merciful.
- Now we must face the master of magnetism...
- I was wrong Wolverine. I should've listened to you. I let my passion for an ideal that all mutants could be brothers blind me. That's twice I've failed.
- We cannot afford to lose again, or Magneto and those like him will prevail.
- Morph? I don't sense anything.
- Don't worry sweet pea, he'll ease on back when he's ready.
- Your 'ol buddy won't let the grass grow under his feet!
- You just can't get close to some men...
- Come on pretty boy, make a girl feel welcome.
- You look about as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs.
- My daddy always said two's company and three's an eavesdropper.
- You're as fast as a swamp bug on a hot skillet, lets see if you're as nimble.
- What in the world!
- [To Gambit] You know what happens when I touch somebody, you want to wind up in the hospital?
- This guy should lay off the ice cream sandwiches.
- Keep your sticky fingers to yourself you walkin' tar pit.
- I'd heard you'd gone soft, I was curious. I think maybe I heard right.
- Suck rocks pretty boy (To Cyclops)
- Well well, If it isn't my son, the famous slayer of mutants. What'd you say boy, come to papa.
- Revenge is a dish best served cold.
- You've lost it now. 10 years ago I never could'a got this close
- You thought you and your pitiful x-men could stop me. Let the ice be your tombstone! Here lies Wolverine alone and defeated Ha Ha! No! You won't Cheat me of my revenge! Not even your mutant healing powers can keep you alive on a jungle ice in the middle of the artic. (Wolverine: At least I wont' have to listen to your flapping mouth anymore)You'll die frozen and alone but I'll track you down just for the pleasure of burying your bones.
- Halt, mutant.
- Do not be alarmed. I am here to serve and protect.
- Unregistered mutant. Expendable.
- Unidentified mutants. Ignore.
- Storm, Mistress of the elements, commands you to release that child!
- As the mist rises...
- People fear what they do not understand.
- I summon the full power of the Storm!!!
- Artic Winds! Make ice!
- Hail! Fill the skies with blocks of ice! From the ends of the earth send limitless cold upon him!
- Winds! Rise and sweep the foes from my path!
- Gambit, the term "rec room" does not mean you must wreck it.
- Stay together! Do not let them divide us!
- We X-Men learn something very special here, Jubilee. Like how to control our mutant powers, for the benifit of mankind.
- No Gambit! We can not endanger human life!
- Whirlwind! Take them from us!
- Trust us Rogue, we shall find a way to help you.
- That is the way some of us felt about you when you first came. This man's rages seem much like your own.
- Fighting for human-mutant peace has just become more dangerous.
- My apologies Beast, we have no time for poetry. Storm to Cyclops - we are coming out.
- Ice, cold! Bench your fury!
- Yes, I know what I must do.
- I suppose a civil war is your answer.
- A power greater than ours lies hidden within the clouds.
- Yes, Rogue has a way with men.
- All right, you egg-suckin' piece of gutter trash! You always did like pushin' around people smaller than you! Well I'M smaller! Try pushin' me!
- His name's Omega Red. The Soviets created him. I tangled with him before any of you were born. Red's got his own plans for this country. And worst of all, nothin' hurts him.
- You kids better behave yourselves. I'm staying home to baby sit.
- It's adamantium tasting time, boys!
- Let me up, or I'll rearrange your windpipe!
- Who do those spy catchers think they're dealin' with? Winnie the Pooh?
- I'll avenge you my friend...I swear it.
- This one's for you, Morph!
- I'll show 'em a danger to the community!
- I don't know what corner you crawled out of bub, but nuclear missles don't sound all that liberating.
- I'll penetrate his recesses!
- You used to backstab people for fun, what turned you into a rat for hire?
- You always were second best! And in this business bub, second best doesn't cut it!
- Lady, you picked the wrong lady to adopt...
- Oh I love it when they play hard to get!
- C'mon! Move it! We're missin' dinner!
- Hey! Tin Woodsman! I'm sending you back to Oz...in pieces!
- How come we're supposed to trash your old enemy, but we gotta go easy on mine?
- Tell Cyclops I made him a convertible.
- (To Morph) You may look like me, but you don't fight like me.
- Where's that blasted salami? I can *smell* it! Ahhh... all it needs is slicin'!
- Run all ya like, Lady. I like to hunt.
- I don't care which Spirit Ladies do what to which Cajuns, I'm here to stop a wedding.
- I know what you're thinkin', punk: "Question is, can I get Wolverine before he turns me into shishkabob with those claws?" Well, bub, seein' as how these claws are adamantium, the strongest metal known, and can slice through vanadium steel like a hot knife through butter, buddy, you gotta ask yourself: "Do I feel lucky?"
- I go where I wanna go!
- [To Cyclops] Maybe there is something to that wimpy teamwork garbage of yours.
- [Sees his future self in Bishop's mind] At least I don't lose my hair.
- [Hears a recording of Morph in trouble] If that ain't Morph, I'll eat the Blackbird.
- [Sabretooth claims he and Wolverine had a "misunderstanding"] Yeah, right. He wasted a bunch of friends of mine for no reason, and I "misunderstood"?
- [cable just shot Apocolypse and the platform is crumbing around them] "Fancy shooting Cable, really brought down the house"
- I smell something sinister.
- Oh no, I'm covered in scorpions get them off of me! What are you doing to my head? Rraaghh