Young Guns II
Young Guns II is a 1990 film, and is the sequel to Young Guns. It stars Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips, Christian Slater, and features William Petersen as Pat Garrett. It was directed by Geoff Murphy.
It follows the life of William H. Bonney aka Billy the Kid (played by Emilio Estevez) in the years following the Lincoln County War in which Billy was part of "The Regulators" — a group of around 6 highly skilled gunmen avenging the death of John Tunstall — and the years before Billy's documented death. The film, however, is told by Brushy Bill Roberts, a man who in the 1940s appeared claiming to be the real Billy the Kid.
While the film is not entirely historically accurate, it does show some of the key events leading up to Billy's documented death, including his talks with Governor Lew Wallace, his capture by friend-turned-foe Pat Garrett, his trial and his subsequent escape in which he killed two deputies.
Billy the Kid
- No, no, Pendleton. The white cake, with the sweet frost.
- Best dollar eighty I ever spent
- Yes your Honor, I do. You can go to hell, hell, hell.
- Heavy steps, Patsy.
- I'll tell ya why, five hundred dollars cuts a lot of ties.
- Yoo Hoo, I'll make ya famous.
- I'm real happy for you, Dave.
- William H. Bonney, you are not a god.
- Tell the governor that i'm Brushy Bill Roberts, alias William Antrim, also known as William H. Bonney, alias Billy the Kid.
- I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire, I ain't touchin' this one.