Yves Saint-Laurent (designer)
Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex mindsRemy De Gourmont
(Redirected from Yves Saint Laurent)
- I have always believed that fashion was not made only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence.
- As quoted in "50 Days of Everyday Fashion" in Yours magazine.
- I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.
- New York Magazine (November 28, 1983), p. 53.
- We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.
- To be beautiful, all a woman needs is a black pullover and a black skirt and to be arm in arm with a man she loves.
- Fashion isn't just to decorate women, but to reassure them, give them confidence.
- Is elegance not totally forgetting what one is wearing?
- A woman who has not found her style, who does not feel at ease in her clothes, who does not live in harmony with them, is a sick woman.
- The silhouette counts more than anything. It should never be overloaded.
- Fashions fade. Style is eternal.
- The important thing is to last.
Notes and references