José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero
José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (born 4 August, 1960) is the President of the Government (Prime Minister) of Spain. The party he leads, the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSOE), won the general election on March 14, 2004.
As Opposition Leader
- "I'm gonna give you a peaceful Basque Country"
- "The main priority of the Socialist Party is the education".
- Note: January, 13th 2003
- "I don't want to be a big leader, i prefer to be a big democrat."
- "Equality between sexes is more successful than army forces"
- Interview with "Time" Magazine, September 22th, 2004
- "If we live together, Together we'll decide."
- Note: Start of an speech in the Congress of Deputies against barretxes plan. February 1st, 2005
- "Castilian Spanish speaking Spain is big, but is bigger in addition with the Catalonian speaking Spain, the Galician speaking Spain and the Basque speaking Spain. Democratic Spain, Constitutional Spain, can be separated from diversity and the respect to the citizenship"
- Note: Speech in the French National Assembly. March, 2005