Every perfect life is a parable invented by God.Simone Weil
(Redirected from Zawinski, Jamie)
- Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems. 
- You can't take a dying project, sprinkle it with the magic pixie dust of "open source," and have everything magically work out. 
- Using these toolkits is like trying to make a bookshelf out of mashed potatoes. 
- I'd just like to take this moment to point out that C has all the expressive power of two dixie cups and a string. ( commands.c:501)
- Linux is only free if your time has no value.  - in an interview in June 1998; he later claimed that "Bits and pieces of this article have been quoted out of context in lots of places"
- Today, I use Linux as my primary OS (on an x86 PC, and on a Thinkpad), and I also use Irix (on an SGI O2.) Linux has improved a great deal since I wrote this, specifically with respect to its ease of installation.  in a comment on his site in 2000
- Your "use case" should be, there's a 22 year old college student living in the dorms. How will this software get him laid?
- My one purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. 
- If you're using Windows, go fuck yourself. 
- I've noticed that when I get quoted in .sig files, it's never any of the actual *clever* things I say all the time. Usually it's something dumb. 
- Don't do drugs, kids. Stay in school. 
- Browser compatibility problems are nature's way of saying "stop trying to be so fuckin' clever".